MBET Business Evolution
Starting in 1999:
- Environmental and Economic disasters – few aquafarms have survived
- Global warming, pollution, ocean acidification, over consumption, destruction.
- Great Recession
- Mexicali earthquakes
- Commodity based shellfish aquafarms starting with red abalone and expanding to all shellfish, (including green, pink and hybrid abalone, sea cucumber, sea snail, oysters, clams, mussels, limpets and scallops), most crustaceans and many other valuable fish and ocean plants and animals with 5 – 25% profit margin.
- Value added seafood meals 25 – 50% profit margins
- Ocean and environmental technology companies >75% profit margin